WMO BIP-MT (Senior Level )
The course is offered to candidates who have completed BIP-MT(ML)and the duration of the course is one year. On successful completion of this course the participant will graduate with a Higher National Diploma in Meteorology and will qualify to work as a Meteorological Officer or an Assistant Forecaster.
The course is divided into two semesters of six months duration.
During the first Semester the following modules of 100 hours each have to be completed.
- WXPT- 230-Atmosphere and Ocean Dynamics
- WXPT-252-Atmospheric Dynamics-II
- WXPT-256-Global Environmental Issues
- WXPT-259-Atmospheric Physics-II
In the second Semester the following modules of 100 hours each need to be completed.
- WXPT-254-Tropical Meteorology
- WXPT-255-Satellite and Radar Meteorology
- WXPT-261-Surface Heat Energy Exchange Calculation-(Optional)
- WXPT-280-Numerical weather Prediction (NWP)
- WXPT291-Weather Analysis and Forecasting
- WXPT-292-Meteorology Internship (On-the-Job-training)
For the details of the Module please refer to the Module Description.
The Successful candidates who obtain 70% aggregate marks will be awarded Higher National Diploma in Meteorology.