WMO BIP-MT (Middle Level )
The course is offered to candidates who have completed BIP-MT (JL) and the duration for the course is one year.On completion of this course the participant will graduate as a Met Technician and will be able to assist the forecaster in meteorological and aeronautical forecasting offices.
The course is divided into two semesters of six months duration.
During the first Semester the following modules of 100 hours each have to be completed.
- WXPT-122-Meteorological data processing
- WXPT-190-Atmospheric Physics-I
- WXPT-231-Computer science-II
- WXPT-253-Synoptic meteorology
In the second Semester the following modules of 100 hours each need to be completed.
- WXPT-121-Aviation Meteorology
- WXPT-251-Atmospheric Dynamics-1
- WXPT-255-Working Principles of Weather Forecast Simulator
- .WXPT- 258-Analysis of Meteorological Charts
For the details of the Module please refer to the Module Description.
The Successful candidates who obtain 70% aggregate marks can continue their education to the BIP-MT(SL) course.